TED演讲|这样的电子游戏——得之我幸,不得我命

时间:2019-01-15 15:40:31 来源:阿卡索家长帮

原标题:TED演讲|这样的电子游戏——得之我幸,不得我命

说起来电子游戏,很多人可能都以为那只能让人娱乐消遣或者上瘾沉溺。

但今天的TED演讲,将告诉你电子游戏如何把玩家变成讲故事的人。

他到底是如何做到的,一起来看看吧~

-中英对照参考-

The way we tell stories has naturally changed

我们讲故事的方式自然而然地改变了

since Aristotle defined the rules of tragedy

自从亚里士多德定义了悲剧的规则后

about 2,500 years ago.

这大约在2500年前。

According to him,

据他说,

the role of storytelling is to mimic life and make us feel emotions.

讲故事的作用是模仿生活,让我们感受情感。

And that’s exactly what storytelling as we know

这正是我们所知道的故事

it has done very well since then.

从那以后我们就一直这样讲故事

But there is a dimension of life

但是生命是有维度的

that storytelling could never really reproduce.

那就是讲的故事是永远无法在生活中复制的。

It is the notion of choices.

这是多种选择的概念。

Choices are a very important part of our lives.

选择是我们生活中非常重要的一部分。

We as individuals are defined by the choices we make.

我们之所以成为不同的个体是由我们做出的选择来决定的。

Some of our decisions can have very significant consequences

我们的一些决定可能会产生非常重大的后果

and totally change the courses of our lives.

彻底改变我们的生活进程。

But in a play, a novel or a film,

但是在戏剧、小说或电影中,

the writer makes all the decisions in advance for the characters,

作者提前为角色做了所有的决定,

and as the audience,

作为观众,

we can only watch, passively,

我们只能被动地看,

the consequences of his decisions.

由他的决定产生的结果。

As a storyteller, I’ve always been fascinated

作为一个讲故事的人,我一直深深地渴望

with the idea of recreating this notion of choices in fiction.

在小说中重造这个有多种选择的概念。

My dream was to put the audience in the shoes of the main protagonists,

我的梦想是让观众扮演主角,

let them make their own decisions,

让他们自己做决定,

and by doing so, let them tell their own stories.

通过这样做,让他们讲述自己的故事。

Finding a way to achieve this is what I did in the past 20 years of my life.

在过去的20年中,我一直在寻找能够实现这一目标的方法。

Today, I would like to introduce you to this new way of telling stories,

今天,我想向大家介绍这种新的讲故事方式,

a way that has interactivity at its heart.

一种以互动为核心的方式。

Rather than exposing the theory behind it,

我不会去揭露背后的理论,

which could have been kind of abstract and probably a little bit boring,

因为这个理论可能有点抽象,有点无聊,

I thought it would be a great opportunity to do a little experiment.

我认为这是个做些实验的好机会。

I would like you, the people here at TED,

我希望你们,在TED现场的大家,

to tell your own story.

讲述自己的故事。

So I came with an interactive scene that we are going to play together.

我想了一个我们可以一起玩的互动场景。

I’ve asked Vicky --

我已经让维基

hello, Vicky --

你好,维基

to control the main character for us.

来控制我们的主要角色。

And your role -- you, the audience --

而你们的角色——你们观众——

will be to make the choices.

将会做出选择。

So Vicky and I don’t know what’s going to happen,

所以我和维克不知道会发生什么,

because it will all be based on your decisions.

因为这都是基于你们的决定。

This scene comes from our next game, called "Detroit: Become Human,"

这个场景来自我们的下一个游戏,叫做“底特律:变成人类”

and we are in the near future,

我们正处于不久的将来,

where technology made possible the creation of androids

科技使得机器人的出现成为可能

that look exactly like human beings.

它们看起来完全像人类。

We are in the shoes of this character called Connor,

我们扮演的是这个叫康纳的角色,

who is an android,

他是个机器人,

and he can do very fancy things with coins, as you can see.

我们可以看到,他能用硬币做一些神奇的事情。

He has this blue triangle on this chest,

他胸前有一个蓝色三角形,

as all androids do,

就像所有的机器人那样,

and now Vicky is in control of this character.

现在由维基来控制这个角色。

She can walk around, she can go anywhere, she can look around,

她可以四处走走,可以去任何地方,可以四处看看,

she can interact with her environment,

她可以与环境互动,

and now she can tell her own stories by making choices.

现在她可以通过做出选择来讲述自己的故事。

So here we have our first choice.

所以接下来是我们的第一个选择。

There is a fish on the ground.

地上有一条鱼。

What should we do?

我们怎么做呢

Should we save it or should we leave it?

我们应该救它还是放任不管呢?

Remember, we are under time pressure,

记住,我们时间紧迫,

so we’d better be fast.

所以我们最好快点。

What should we do?

我们该怎么做?

Audience: Save it!

观众:救它!

David Cage: Save it? Save the fish?

大卫·凯奇:救它吗?要救吗?

(Video) (Fish plops)

(视频) (鱼扑通一声掉入水里)

DC: There we go.

DC :好了。

OK, we have an android who likes animals.

我们有一个喜欢动物的机器人。

OK, let’s move on.

好的我们继续。

Remember, we have a hostage situation.

记住,我们有个关于人质的场景。

(Video) Woman: Please, please, you’ve got to save my little girl!

(视频)女人:拜托,拜托,你一定要救救我的女儿!

Wait -- you’re sending an android?

等等,你们派了个机器人?

Officer: All right, ma’am, you need to go.

警官:是的,女士,你得离开了。

W: You can’t do that!

W :你不能这样做!

Why aren’t you sending a real person?

你为什么不派一个真正的人来?

DC: OK, she’s not really happy.

DC :是的,她非常气愤。

Her daughter’s been taken hostage by an android,

她的女儿被机器人劫持了,

and of course, she’s in a state of shock.

当然了,她情绪很激动。

Now we can continue to explore this apartment.

现在我们可以继续搜索这个公寓。

We see all the SWAT forces in place.

我们看到所有特警部队都就位了。

But we need to find this Captain Allen first.

但是我们需要先找到艾伦队长。

That’s the first thing we need to do.

这是我们需要做的第一件事。

So, again, we can go anywhere.

所以,我们可以去任何地方。

Vicky’s still in control of the character.

维基仍然控制着这个角色。

Let’s see -- oh, I think this is Captain Allen. He’s on the phone.

让我们看看——哦,我想这是艾伦队长。他在打电话。

(Video) Connor: Captain Allen, my name is Connor.

(视频)康纳:艾伦队长,我叫康纳。

I’m the android sent by CyberLife.

我是网络生活公司派来的机器人。

Captain Allen: Let’s fire at everything that moves.

艾伦队长:向所有移动的物体开火。

It already shot down two of my men.

它已经打倒了我的两个人。

We could easily get it, but they’re on the edge of the balcony --

我们很容易就能抓住它,但是他们正在阳台边上——

it if falls,

如果它掉下去了,

she falls.

她也会掉下去。

DC: OK, now we need to decide what we want to ask the captain.

DC :好的,现在我们需要决定我们要问队长什么。

What should be our choice?

我们应该问什么?

Deviant’s name? Deviant’s behavior? Emotional shock?

异常者的名字?异常者的行为?是否遭受情感打击?

(Video) C: Has it experienced an emotional shock recently?

(视频) C :它最近经历过情感打击吗?

Capt A: I haven’t got a clue. Does it matter?

艾伦队长:我还没有线索。这有关系吗?

C: I need information to determine the best approach.

C :我需要信息来确定最佳方案。

DC: OK, a second choice. Maybe we can learn something.

DC :好的,第二个选择。也许我们可以了解点什么。

What should we choose?

我们应该问什么?

Audience: Behavior.

观众:行为。

DC: OK, deviant behavior, Vicky.

DC :好的,异常行为,维基。

(Video) C: Do you know if it’s been behaving strangely before this?

(视频) C :你知道在此之前它表现出异常行为吗?

Capt A: Listen ... saving that kid is all that matters.

艾伦队长:听着...救出那个孩子才是最重要的。

DC: OK, we are not going to learn anything from this guy.

DC :好吧,从这家伙身上我们什么也了解不到。

We need to do something.

我们需要做点什么。

Let’s try to go back in the lobby.

让我们试着回到大厅。

Oh, wait -- there’s a room over there on your right, Vicky, I think.

哦,等等,我想你右边有个房间,维克。

Maybe there’s something we can learn here.

也许在这里我们可以发现些什么。

Oh, there’s a tablet.

哦,有个平板电脑。

Let’s have a look.

我们看看。

(Video) Girl: This is Daniel, the coolest android in the world.

(视频)女孩:这是丹尼尔,世界上最酷的机器人。

Say "Hi," Daniel.

说“嗨”,丹尼尔。

Daniel: Hello!

丹尼尔:你好!

G: You’re my bestie, we’ll always be together!

G :你是我的好朋友,我们要永远在一起!

DC: That was just one way of playing the scenes,

DC :那只是打开场景的一种方式,

but there are many other ways of playing it.

但是还有许多其他的方式。

Depending on the choices you make,

都取决于你的选择,

we could have seen many different actions,

我们可以看到许多不同的行为,

many different consequences,

许多不同的后果,

many different outcomes.

许多不同的结果。

So that gives you an idea of what my work is about as an interactive writer.

你可以了解到,作为一名交互式作家,我的工作是什么。

Where a linear writer needs to deal with time and space,

线性作家只需要处理时间和空间,

as an interactive writer,

作为一名交互式作家,

I need to deal with time, space and possibilities.

我需要处理时间、空间和可能性。

I have to manage massive tree structures,

我必须安排好庞大的树形结构,

where each branch is a new variation of the story.

每个分支都是故事的新变体。

I need to think about all the possibilities in a given scene

我需要考虑给定场景中的所有可能性

and try to imagine everything that can happen.

努力想象可能发生的一切。

I need to deal with thousands and thousands of variables,

我需要处理成千上万的变量,

conditions and possibilities.

条件和可能性。

As a consequence, where a film is about 100 pages,

因此,电影剧本大约只有100页,

an interactive like this is between four and five thousand pages.

而像这样交互式剧本的页数会在四到五千之间。

So that gives you an idea of what this work is about.

这让你对这项工作有了一个概念。

But I think, in the end, the experience is very unique,

但我认为,最终,这种体验是非常独特的,

because it is the result of the collaboration

因为这是合作的结果

between a writer creating this narrative landscape

作家创作出这个叙事性的景观

and the player making his own decisions,

玩家自己做决定,

telling his own story and becoming the cowriter

讲述自己的故事,成为作者之一

but also the coactor and the codirector of the story.

同时也是故事的角色之一和导演之一

Interactive storytelling is a revolution in the way we tell stories.

交互式故事是我们讲故事方式的一场革命。

With the emergence of new platforms like interactive television,

随着交互式电视等新平台的出现,

virtual reality and video games,

虚拟现实和电视游戏,

it can become a new form of entertainment

可能会成为一种新的娱乐形式

and maybe even a new form of art.

甚至可能是一种新的艺术形式

I am convinced that in the coming years,

我相信在未来几年里,

we will see more and more moving and meaningful interactive experiences,

我们将会看到越来越多感人和有意义的互动体验,

created by a new generation of talents.

由新一代人才创造。

This is a medium waiting for its Orson Welles

这个媒介在等待它的奥森·威尔斯(美国演员、导演、编剧、制片人)

or its Stanley Kubrick,

或者斯坦利·库布里克(美国电影导演、编剧、制作人),

and I have no doubt that they will soon emerge

我毫不怀疑它们很快就会出现

and be recognized as such.

并且得到同样的认可。

I believe that interactive storytelling can be

我相信交互式故事也可以成为

what cinema was in the 20th century:

20世纪时的电影:

an art that deeply changes its time.

一种深刻改变其时代的艺术。

Thank you.

谢谢。

最新网 www.zuinow.com 2019-01-15 15:40:31

DC OK Video 讲故事 机器人

[城市资讯】黑龙江养老金涨钱了!缴费、补贴标准也有调整

养老保险缴费补贴动态调整机制,根据经济发展、个人缴费标准提高和财力状况,合理调整缴费补贴水平。通过“多缴多补”的机制,形成有效的缴费激励,对选择较高档次缴费的人员可适当增加缴费补贴,引导城乡居民选择高档次标准缴费。鼓励集体经济组织提高缴费补助,鼓励其他社会组织、公益慈善组织、个人为参保人缴费加大资助 [详情]

https://www.erhainews.com/n9102483.html

最委屈的学历,考研不让参加,找工作人又看不上!

原标题:最委屈的学历,考研不让参加,找工作人又看不上!虽然说学历不是万能的,但是在没有什么特别突出的能力之前,学历还是最有用的。因为用人单位在招人之强,他们并不了解一个人的真实能力,他们能做的便是以学校、学历来区分能力。所以说白了,在毕业之初,你的毕业院校便是体现你能力的地方。说来现在上大学其实简单 [详情]

https://www.erhainews.com/n9114301.html

吉安|2019江西吉安市科技馆招聘公告

原标题:吉安|2019江西吉安市科技馆招聘公告吉安市科技馆因工作需要,按照公开、公平、竞争、择优的原则,现面向社会公开招聘合同制“工勤岗位”(含展厅管理)工作人员4名。具体事项公告如下:一、招聘职位及人数1、岗位:工勤人员(含展厅管理)。2、招聘人数:4名。二、招聘对象条件1、年龄为35(1984 [详情]

https://www.erhainews.com/n9223483.html

只因员工两天没去上班,经理竟到员工住处砸门

原标题:只因员工两天没去上班,经理竟到员工住处砸门下面这老板啊,员工两天没来上班,他就着急了,砰,把门就给踹了。这么猛的踹门,这是遇到啥事儿了?某超市的经理告诉记者:“一个男孩子,20岁左右,家里就他一个人,两天联系不到人。”这个踹门的是一家超市的经理,他说自己的员工两天都没来上班了,电话不接,微 [详情]

https://www.erhainews.com/n9266213.html

声明:本网部分信息转载于其他网站,如稿件涉及版权等问题,请联系我们

界面设计:yb亚博娱乐城网(www.erhainews.com) 版权所有